|Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Welcome to the davismountainsresort.com site. This site was created to show the world what a wonderful place the Davis Mountains Resort is. It is meant to be a positive place for fun and
information about the DMR and surrounding communities. Take some time and browse some of the links and let us know if there is something you would like to see added.
|All photos and contents on this site are copyright protected. Please contact us directly of you wish to use photos or contents from this site.
THE DMR HAS TWO OFFICIAL AND IMPORTANT WEB SITES THAT EVERYONE SHOULD BE AWARE OF AND CHECK FREQUENTLY
DMPOA.net - This official DMPOA site contains a wealth of information for property owners, residents and guests of the DMR. Here you can find our governing
documents, DMPOA Board meeting agendas and minutes, community information and more!
dmrvfd.com - This site is for the Davis Mountains Volunteer Fire Department. This is a great place to keep up with our local fire department, see photos of the
fire fighters and equipment, news and many useful links.
Both of the above sites are useful and should be checked frequently, especially in times of emergencies such as fires.
DONKEY/BURRO FEEDING FROM VEHICLES
Thanks to Carol Diquilio for coming up with these great signs! One will be at cattle guard, one at Thompson trail and one at the
Community Center. Additionally, on a personal note, it would be a good idea for people not to stop and have any interaction with
the critters while driving within the DMR, but slow down even further. Drive for the conditions and watch out for animals!
Governor Abbott's Statewide Order - March 31, 2020
Governor Abbott Issues Statewide Covid-19 Order with Exceptions for Firearms Industry and Hunting/Fishing
Today, Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order implementing Essential Services and Activities Protocols for Texas that will override previous local orders and be in effect through April
30th. The protocols allow exceptions for essential activities and services based on the Department of Homeland Security's guidelines on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce, which
includes "workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges."
The governor also mentioned in his press release that it does not prohibit people from engaging in essential daily activities, such as hunting or fishing, provided that the necessary precautions
are maintained to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and to minimize in-person contact with people who are not in the same household.
Thank you, Governor Abbott, for ensuring that Texans' Second Amendment rights are protected at this time and for allowing recreational activities with firearms to continue in a safe and
March 31, 2020 - Library Update
Jeff Davis County has issued a shelter-in-place order that goes into effect at 11:59 Tuesday, March 31. This means that you should leave your house only for critical necessities. For details,
please see the order at this link: http://www.co.jeff-davis.tx.us/page/jeffdavis.PublicInformation
What you need to know about the library during this period:
* The library is not an essential business, so we will not be able to check out materials after the order goes into effect.
* If you have materials already checked out, please enjoy them and then put them in a safe place to return when we re-open.
* Materials will not be due until we re-open.
* The library will remain closed until April 24 or further notice from the county.
* Please use this opportunity to explore our many electronic resources, from ebooks to streaming audiobooks. Please call or email us if you need assistance accessing these resources. Find
more information below.
Jeff Davis County Library's Kids Pantry
* Food pantries ARE essential providers of basic necessities to economically disadvantaged populations.
* The Kids Pantry operates under the auspices of the Food Pantry of Jeff Davis County.
* The Kids Pantry exists to serve all children in Jeff Davis County, regardless of income.
* The Kids Pantry will be able to provide emergency boxes of food for children. See below for details.
* The Food Pantry of Jeff Davis County is able to provide temporary emergency assistance in case of job loss or other
situations. Please click on this link for more information: http://www.foodpantry-jdc.org/emergency-assistance.html
* Emergency assistance is available between regular distributions. Email: email@example.com
or call or text: (432) 279-1228 (PLEASE leave a message if you call!)
To order a Kids Pantry box:
* You must be a resident of Jeff Davis County
* A selection of food for meals and snacks can be provided for children. Please contact the Food Pantry of Jeff Davis County if
you need food for your entire family or senior citizens.
* We need to know: the number and ages of children (to include suitable items); the first name only of the adult who will be picking up the box; and time that you will be picking up the box. Some
boxes may include perishable items.
* Boxes will be labeled and left on a bench on the library terrace. The terrace is to the left if you are facing the library from the parking lot opposite the courthouse.
* Call 432-426-3802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to keep up with the latest local news?
County commissioners will be meeting via Zoom every Monday and Thursday at 1 p.m. These meetings are open to the public. Details are available on the agenda, which will be posted here:
Click on the date of the meeting, then click on the link that says "Agenda." The Zoom information is at the bottom of the notice, so keep scrolling.
We are posting links to free activities and educational resources for children and families on our Facebook page.
Click here to follow Jeff Davis County Library on Facebook.
Just ask! Call 432-426-3802 or click here to email the library
Temporary service hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday
March 31, 2020 - Todd Jagger shared a link on Fort Davis Community Chat Facebook Page.
are links to the Jeff Davis County Shelter In Place orders and the agenda for this Thursday's Commissioners Court, including the Zoom access info.
Important Links to Copy and Paste
A message from JEFF DAVIS COUNTY - April 2, 2020
This is an informational message from the Jeff Davis County Reverse-911 system.
Today Jeff Davis County issued an Order to close Davis Mountains State Park to all overnight accommodations for guests. This includes Indian Lodge, all
campgrounds, and the RV park. Park hosts who have been in residence as of April 2, are exempt. The State Park will be open to day use by residents of
Jeff Davis County for hiking and biking. This Order was issued to protect the citizens of Jeff Davis County and the park staff. We thank the park staff for their
quick and friendly cooperation. Please visit the county website http://www.co.jeff-davis.tx.us on the Public Information page to read the complete Order.
This message should go to all devices registered to receive Outreach messages from Jeff Davis County. If you have any problem receiving this message,
know somebody who is having problems, or someone who just wishes to sign up, please contact the County Fire Marshall, Roy Hurley, at 432-244-9221
or visit the county website http://www.co.jeff-davis.utexas.edu